3:58 PM

So...

Posted by Manda |

Super fantastic amazing exciting news...


FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOM!!!
I got a new job.
It kinda fell into my lap, too, just like I always knew my dream job would.. *sighs and bats eyelashes*. Okay, maybe not my DREAM job, but a heck of a step up. I'm back in collections again, this time I'm going to be doing business to business collections instead of handling individual consumer accounts, however, so I'm hoping it won't be as stressful. I'm dreading telling my current employers, however - I've gotten kind of attached to them , and this new job is conditional that I start on Monday (Eep!). As much as it sucks to leave them high and dry, the new job has a decent salary base and a very attainable commission - a good source tells me that the owner, a really friendly man with an Italian accent that I've waited on several times - takes REALLY good care of his employees. He said everyone in that building drives an expensive car.
So, at first I was trying to not get my hopes up, but why shouldn't I?!
Because (a second bit of news) I'm also now a married woman *blush blush* - and I don't just have myself to think about. I want my family to be taken care of, and waitressing isn't hacking it, especially on weeks that I work 6 days and take home less than a hundred dollars.

I'm tired of being behind on bills and pinching pennies just to buy the essentials. I want to live a little. And the first year of marriage is going to bring enough adjustments without adding financial instability to the mix. I want to make this an easy transition for myself and my new husband.
So there. All the news that's fit to print.
I'll have more on the economic stimulus pork barrel (I mean package) later, because I can't stand to not say anything. Be forewarned!!!

1 comments:

*mary* said...

Oh, congratulations to you both on getting married!
And to the new job.

Post a Comment