5:19 AM

I need a valium...

Posted by Manda |

So - in case I didn't elaborate enough yesterday - this morning I've got to go in to my employers, and explain that I've been offered a position elsewhere by one of the customers that frequents the restaurant, that I've accepted, and that I'm starting in two days. My mantra this morning? "It's not personal. It's not personal. It's not personal."


As much as I tell myself that, however, I can't help feeling like I'm the unreformed, unashamed Grinch, and it's 2 days before Christmas.

























(Of COURSE I can start on Monday... now tell me more about those stock options!)


Only I can't afford to have a heart. I've been working myself deeper into debt instead of climbing out over the last several months working there - I've burned through my savings, and it's been increasingly difficult to make ends meet - and the fact is that my earning potential is a heck (excuse my strong language *blush*) of a lot more than what I'm making right now. It'd be one thing if I thought that I'd be a candidate for management in the next couple months or so - I think it's not that they don't have the desire to promote me, they just don't have the means. Yesterday I found out the restaurant is listed for sale in the local paper, which tells me they're trying to cut their losses, too. The logical thing to do is to take this new job and not waste time feeling bad about leaving them high and dry.


But...



Darn those buts...
























(Everyone I know has a big but.. let's talk about YOUR big but... )





I know I'm leaving them in a bind. It doesn't help that my boss has referred to me several times as 'his only good employee'. *MEGASIGH*.

I have to do this, though. For myself, my financial well being, and my new family. I HAVE to do this.



It's not personal. It's not personal. It's not personal.

1 comments:

*mary* said...

It's not personal, but it still sucks and is hard to do.
It is the right thing to do, though. I am notorious for trying to spare other people's feelings at the expense of my own. I used to be much worse about it.
I'm sure they'll understand, especially since they are planning to sell the place. No one will blame you for doing wht is best for you.
Be strong, grasshopper!

Post a Comment