5:13 PM

Been A Long Time Since I Rock and Rolled...

Posted by Manda |

Forgive me, reader, for I have sinned. It has been far, far too long since my last blog. If the old adage "all work and no play makes Ciervo a dull girl" has any truth", I am a slice of white bread in a manila folder glued to a beige wall.

Wooooooooow... It's been almost a YEAR since I blogged... yeeeeeeeesh.... soooooooo.... how've you been?? I've just been reaaaaallly busy working.... yeah.... and I think you changed your number... or something. This is awkward. When I said I would blog you 'forever', I meant 'until something else came along'. I assumed you knew the alternate meaning of the word 'forever'. GUESS I was wrong.

Well, something else came along... infertility to be specific. I was going to tell you... I didn't think you could handle it.... thought you'd go all weepy on me, or WORSE, refuse to allow me to wallow in self pity for the last year of my life. And I was NOT having that. Nothing like a brand new blog to whine to the world about how much it sucks that I may never be able to give my husband kids with our genes. The thing about whining to the world is that the world gets tired of hearing it.. and for good reason. And, I'm not going to do that here. I'm finished wallowing, and have subsequently pulled my hippo-butt out of the mudhole, hosed myself off, and am ready to jump back into the fray!

The best thing about not being pregnant -- amaretto sours!! Hello, nurse...

So, you may be asking yourself (if you've sticking around in the hope that CP will reappear armed with wit and a healthy dose of bitterness) where the HELL have you been, CP, you cheeky rascal?

I don't really know how to answer that -- At the risk of sounding repetitive, I've kinda been dealing with the whole infertility thing. Months of hormone therapy, poking, prodding... and that's just in the privacy of my own home! I've changed jobs, been laid off, been rehired, am about to be laid off again... it's been a real razzmatazz.

But at any rate, I'm back. Or at least making an effort to be back. There is much to discuss, but not at the moment, as I am verklempt, and also catching up on Season 1 of Fringe.

A girl's got to have priorities!

Ahhhhh.... this ol' blog still fits. Good to be back.

1 comments:

*mary* said...

Glad to see you are back! I also took a small hiatus. (Not QUITE as long as yours! ;) But still...) Again, YAY for you coming back to your blog!

Post a Comment