1:14 PM

Frustrations of a Housewife in Training.

Posted by Manda |

Today is shaping up to be CP BitchFest o9'. I fought off the melancholies, only to have my zen disrupted by a cat with a wayward bladder that despite my numerous seminars has still not mastered the art of covering his craps, a trash bag destroying dog downstairs that refuses to shut the hell up and let me take a nap, and the stench of an apartment with three grown people living in it that looks like squatters have broken in and taken over, fashioning a redundant shelter in the middle of the floor with coke cans and XBOX 360 games. Yay, adulthood! It reeks... like hot, wet garbage in here, even though I've been spraying the hell out of some Febreze Limited Edition Fresh Evergreen & Snow Air Refresher. It now smells like someone has thoughtfully planted a forest of pines in the middle of a landfill. My poor, beloved, Christmas-themed air freshener has been reduced to this... a task of such magnitude that it couldn't possibly hope to quell the fumes, especially those emanating from the general vicinity of our roommate's corner. It's hard to keep pretending I live in a rustic Italian villa when I have to walk by a room that smells suspiciously of stale banana bread and sulfur.

So..

Here's what I'm going to do.

  1. Blare my favorite tenors. It's my party and I'll opera if I want to. No Popera, though. I barf on popera.
  2. Continue being smelly and unwashed. I'm not cleaning up to just get dirty wading through the pile of garbage in our kitchen.
  3. Procrastinate for another 20 minutes or so while I finish my "Housecleaning Motivation Playlist".
  4. Trick Henri into going outside for an hour or so while I clean so I don't have to play 'let go of that' while I'm trying to organize and de-germify.
  5. Google 'industrial-strength degreaser'. Don't ask.
  6. Maybe procrastinate for 10 more minutes. The music search is turning out to be an extensive task, and I can't clean on an empty playlist.
  7. *giant sigh* Clean. There. Fine. I'm going.

2 comments:

*mary* said...

Wow, your blog has changed substantialy since I looked at it this morning! It looks great, and you'll have to tell me where you got this cool template. (As you can see on my blog- I am stuck with a Valentine's Day theme for lack of a better 3 column template)
Yes, popera is indeed trash!

*mary* said...

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately my stupid pc won't let me view any XML documents so I can't use it until I figure that one out. :(

And I forgot to mention that I have experienced having filthy roommates and it can be hell!

Also, waitressing is one of the most grueling, thankless jobs I have ever endured. That is why I will always tip well, even if the person didn't bring my coffee within two minutes or whatever some people base their tips on. I can't stand that! I realize that I am not the only customer in the place.

Post a Comment