7:46 PM

Nothing A Glass of Wine Can't Fix.

Posted by Manda |

The wait is over.

I don't even have the energy to relate what happened tonight. Let's just say the meeting did not go as planned. I have every intention on filling you, my invisible audience in (ha ha.. I'm tired), but not right now. Right now, I'm just going to relax with a bottle (I mean glass.. *hic*) of something some lady recommended in the wine aisle at the grocery store, and pretend like I got everything I wanted today. The problems of the day can wait until the morning.

I am not discouraged. If anything, the events of the day have only stiffened my resolve.

Small victory of the day: despite a disappointing talk with one of the recruiters (that I very much suspect simply does not like me for reasons unbeknownst to me... I may have put my foot in my mouth 5 minutes into my time in the office, though. MAY HAVE. Not sure though. But a distinct possibility -- and for those that know me, a distinct probability), I didn't cry. Not once.

Gotta take 'em where you can get 'em, I say. So I didn't cure cancer -- not crying will do for today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment