9:47 AM

The Saga Continues

Posted by Manda |

So, I was at my desk today, minding my own business, when the inevitable happened..

Nature called.

She wasn't feeling patient, either, and the fact that my desk is adjacent to the water cooler didn't help matters any. I penciled in a lunch hour meeting on my schedule, and diligently returned to work. Apparently, nature doesn't take kindly to being ignored, and so she started screaming - I glanced at my workload, mentally reconfiguring my to do list to include a short face-to-face with you know who, and stepped away from my desk.

It went without incident.

I was heading back to my desk, when I saw CIC half-run around the corner, eyes scanning desperately, hands flailing, legs trembling with either exertion or rage, I couldn't say.

"There you are! I've been looking all over for you, " he said with an exasperated sigh.

"I was in the ladies' room, " I replied, quickly estimating the distance to the nearest exit - it looked like things could get ugly.

"Oh. I was worried about you!" With this, he reached out and squeezed my upper arm.

"Well, that's where I was. " I beat feet back to my cube and spent the rest of the afternoon buried in paperwork.

Normally, I'd think he was hitting on me, but I see this exact same scenario played out with every other member of our office staff.

As my hubby would say,

RELAX YOUR BUTTOCKS.

(Lunch break's just about over, gotta run!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment