2:14 PM

My Taste In Movies...

Posted by Manda |




...can not be trusted when I'm not feeling well. It extends to whatever I haven't seen that's an instant watch on Netflix. Here's what I've watched so far;





This one turned out to be pretty much what I expected. Slapstick comedy about homeschooled brothers whose father's dying wish was to see his first grandchild.. included exchanges between the main characters like "I think we need to broaden our search to include less conventional methods of having a baby." "Like anal?" Wouldn't call it hilarious. Will Forte's character at times was lovable, but Will Arnett overacts throughout the majority of the movie...the funny parts, which were few and far between, did little to increase the watchability of the flick - All in all, I give this movie two wisdom teeth down.






This movie features a young Anjelica Huston, more slapstick humor, and lots of 80's space fashion. To be fair, I can only review the first half of the movie, as I was alseep for the second half (one part boredom, two parts painkiller). It seemed like it might've been okay had I been able to stay awake. It appealed to the side of me that found Spaceballs HILARIOUS. I may have to go back and reevaluate in a more Mel-Brooksy state of mind.








I have to admit - this movie looked really awful. To be honest, I picked this one with the plan to put it on and fall asleep to it. It was actually kind of charming, though, and I found myself liking the main character. Plus, Cuba Gooding Jr. was pretty funny in it. Not his greatest work, but not a horrible movie. Would I spend money to rent it? Probably not. If I had nothing else to do (again), and it was free, would I rewatch? Count me in.








Yes. Yes I did. For the record, I am a fan of both kung fu movies and Jason Statham. Didn't hear great things about this movie, but stubborn as I am, decided to give 'er the ol' college try anyway. It was fairly brainless, and was mostly sfx and karate-chop Jet Li action. If you're looking for something with "good dialogue" or "a storyline that stays interesting", keep on looking. It seems like it could've been a good movie, but just fell short.




And there we are, CP's weekend movie review.

Riveting, eh??



2 comments:

*mary* said...

Yes, quite riveting!
I've seen the first one, because Jeremy actually rented it. I vaguely remember it as mostly annoying.

I haven't watched any of the others. I hardly get the chance to watch 15 minutes of news nowadays. Or maybe the dreaded Baby Enstein videos. Ick.
Hope you're feeling better today!

*mary* said...

Guess what- since we are having a snow day we are going to watch Jack Brooks' "Monster Slayer." Lol. I think it is set to be a really bad flick. (Jeremy picked it.)
Yay, Netflix.

Post a Comment